Monday, November 17, 2008

National Get Rid of Homework Week


This holiday is all about celebrating being a kid.  Ever since we all started school, our lives have been engulfed with nothing but work, work, work.  Some of you may have forgotten what it's really like to be young and how to have fun.  We have all lost that sense of fun due to too much homework.

This started way back, many years ago, when parents of students banded together to protest.  It caught the attention of many people, all the way to the president himself.  He liked the idea so much, that he declared the second week in November National Get Rid of Homework Week.

How do people celebrate?  What is this holiday all about?  It's very simple, really.  What it all comes down to is that this holiday is for the kids.  It's a reward to them for working so hard during all of the school year.  It's a way of saying, "Hey.  You need a break.  Just go out and have fun."  The kids can go out and do whatever they please.  It's great for the kids to feel refreshed, and not feel stressed.  That's what this holiday is all about.

2 comments:

Squarish Square said...

I love this idea! I'd celebrate it all the time, or at least try to. In fact, that's a problem. We'd be like the Romans with their Saturnalia. Originally, it was but a day. It proved to be so popular, it became a week long celebration. Were this holiday to become intensified sevenfold -- it might happen, I'm sure we'd all love this holiday -- we'd lose two months of school.

I think the next problem is teachers. Teachers would just delay the homework. We'd still do the same amount of work. However, we'd have less time to complete it, comparatively. We might have to do two week's work in one week! Yikes!

Also, we can't let kids have fun. If day time TV has taught me anything, it's that teenagers will piss away their free time doing drugs and performing necromancy (some people even do that at the same time: blasphemers). I don't want them to put life back into bodies. Nor do I want them to do drugs. So, I say: load up that homework. Because 'an essay a day keeps the needles/dubies/pipes/vaporizers/power/pills/liquids away!'


Sanctimony aside, I like your holiday: I think it promotes my high Christian morals. I feel as though God put us on this Earth to praise him and kill Mooslims, catholics, dinosaurs, and intellectuals/people who drive import automobiles. Not to work, and transgress with our tattoos, rock n' roll, fancy balls, martinis and xanax, and equally distributing the (Godless) rule of law. I think that by not doing work, I further by sanctimonious crusades and soul saving.

I hope that I get to celebrate this holiday soon! Super! Awesome! Great! Fun-time! IDEA! I'M GOING TO TYPE THIS SENTENCE IN CAPITALS BECAUSE IT'S FUN AND MAKES IT SEEM AS THOUGH I AM YELLING! I'M NOT YELLING! WELL, I AM. A TIDBIT. I'M JUST REALLY EXCITED ABOUT YOUR HOLIDAY!

Highway Star said...

I hate to burst your holiday bubble, but this is something people celebrate every week. It's called the weekend. It's this short, two and a half day period where a kid can be free to pursue whatever they want. And just occasionally, those lucky kids will have breaks for REAL holidays. And if that doesn't sound unfair enough, some of them get the whole summer to celebrate your awesome holiday! How lame is that, right?